Thursday, June 7, 2012

P90X diet example, whey protein, and beef jerky...

My p90x diet, shakeology, recovery formula, and protein

I'm really glad today was a rest day from P90X. Maybe I'll do the x-stretch video before bed tonight. My legs and back are sore today, but I did weigh in and was very happy to see another 1.5 lbs gone, bringing the two week total to 3.5 lbs.

I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I would like to see my abs, which mysteriously disappeared this winter under a blizzard of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and pepperoni pizza.  OK. It's not so mysterious after all. 

I have been following the dietary guidelines as closely as possible. I log my nutrition at myfitnesspal.com, making it easy to track my calories and macro-nutrients. The P90X nutrition guide suggests a ratio of 50% protein, 30% carbohydrates, and 20% fat for the first "FAT BURNING" round. 

It was not an easy task to surrender my bagels, bread, pasta, sweets, and pizza dough and replace them with vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats. So far I have been able to stay on the diet for the most part. I credit my daily dose of Shakeology with curbing my sweets cravings and making this a lot easier than past attempts. 

I have done the P90X workouts in the past, but I never stuck to the diet. This time I'm trying to do the entire program as it is laid out, and am seeing results after only two weeks.

P90X really works. I am beginning to see my abs and I feel so much stronger than just two weeks ago. 

My daily diet to this date looks like this:

Post workout - Beachbody results and recovery formula.

Breakfast - Shakeology w/1 scoop Body Fortress advanced whey protein mixed w/water


Lunch - Heart of romaine, 3 oz. sliced turkey, fat free dressing

Snack - Apple or Pear, Cliff Builder protein bar

Dinner - 6 oz. grilled chicken breast, two cups vegetables ( broccoli, green beans, peas, or spinach)

Snack - two scoops of Body Fortress advanced whey protein w/water, 
 

Snack - 1 oz. beef jerky


Plenty of water, all day long.

The ratios aren't perfect, but it's pretty close. I'm aiming for around 1800 calories per day, give or take. 


It doesn't look like a lot of food, but I feel full all day long. I workout in the morning and try to eat every two to three hours to stoke my metabolism. Having shakes for my first two meals took some getting used to, but I am becoming accustomed to feeling lighter and less bloated. 

2 comments:

  1. Really the information provided by you about P90x diet plan is helpful for me to got my abs back and I also know that a little bit hard work is required for getting that.Thanks for posting .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete